Mussel & Clam Lemongrass Pasta by Christina Trinh
Posted by Taylor Shellfish
Christina Trinh, long time seafood fan and Seattle based food & lifestyle blogger, sent us her favorite way to enjoy manila clams & mussels at home with her family! For more of her amazing food follow her at @christinatrinh and @christinatrinh_eats on Instagram. #eatinginheels
Mussel & Clam Lemongrass Pasta
- 2 pounds manila clams
- 2 pounds mussels
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 11 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks minced and bruised
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 chili’s minced
- 2 stalks green onion diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro diced
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 handful (or as much as you want) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large pot up with water and add salt on high heat. Let come to a boil and add spaghetti.
- In a medium size pan add oil, garlic, shallots, lemongrass on medium heat. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add 6 tablespoons butter and let melt. Continue cooking for a 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add fish sauce, oyster sauce, honey, chili’s and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add mixture to pan and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Add clams and mussels to pan. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until all shells have opened.
- Drain spaghetti when they are to your liking and put back into pot.
- Add the rest of the butter in, salt, pepper and as much Parmesan as you’d like.
- Pour clams and mussels into the spaghetti and stir in all together.
- Plate and top with green onions, cilantro, lemon, more Parmesan and enjoy!