Broiled Oysters with Shallots
Posted by Taylor Shellfish
This broiled oyster recipe is from our new executive chef Caitlin Mortimer at Bellevue Restaurant.
Baked Oyster Base
- 2 dozen Small Pacific Oysters, topped off
- 1/2 Large Shallot, minced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ C White Wine
- 1 C Mayo
- 1 C Grated Parmesan
- Zest and Juice of 1/2 lemon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, sweat shallot and garlic until fragrant, add wine and reduce by half, let cool (mostly).
- In large bowl, whisk all ingredients together. Taste and add salt if needed.
- After shucking your oysters, top with 1 teaspoon, or more if using a larger oyster.
- Place on metal pan on a bed of rock salt or crumpled tin foil to stabilize and keep the oyster upright.
- Broil 3” from heat source for 3 minutes for oysters that are 2-2 ½ inches in size, add 1 minute if using a larger oyster.