Posted by Taylor Shellfish
Compound Butter Cooking Instructions
- Place frozen oysters on a bed of rock salt (crinkled foil will do if you do not have rock salt on hand)
- Set oven to 450 degrees, place tray of frozen oysters in oven while the oven warms the frozen oysters will thaw approximately 6-10 minutes, or until meat is soft and pliable *you can skip this step if the oysters are already thawed.
- Top each oyster with 1 medallion of compound butter of choice
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, then turn to broil and cook for another 3 minutes (or until edges are caramel colored)
- Remove from oven (they will be hot) and enjoy!
- Rinse under cool water to remove any dirt/sand
- Coat a large pan (with fitted lid) with a swirl of cooking oil,a splash of white wine and butter to pan (1/4 cup per pound) and turn to medium heat
- When the liquid begins to bubble, add clams to pan, stir and cover with lid. Turn to medium-high heat.
- Cook until clams are fully open (3-4 minutes). Discard any unopened shells
- Remove the clams from the pan and plate in a bowl, pour sauce over top
- Serve with a crusty bread and enjoy