Clams with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Posted by Taylor Shellfish
This is a staple recipe at Taylor Shellfish events. It is a very forgiving recipe and can be made with both clams and mussels, or just mussels.
- 5 lbs Taylor Manila Clams (or Mussels)
- 1/4 Stick of Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6-8 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup of Julienne Cur Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Diced Carrots
- 1 Cup Diced Celery
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 Tbsp Minced Italian Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Oregano or Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes to Taste
- Optional- A Heavy Splash of White Wine
1. Melt butter and olive oil in a large thick-bottomed pot.
2. Add vegetables and garlic, as well as the tomatoes and some of the oil they’re stored in.
3. Cook for a few minutes, add spices and wine (if desired) and simmer for an additional minute.
4. Add clams (and debissed mussels a few minutes after if including) and stir, cover and cook until clams (and/ or mussels) are fully open. Discard any that don’t open.
5. Add parsley and serve with sliced French bread to soak up the broth.