Simple Shellfish BBQ
Posted by Taylor Shellfish
Sitting around a picnic table filled with grilled shellfish is more than just a meal, it is an experience.
- 40 of your favorite Taylor Oyster (pick a variety that are deep enough to hold the buttery sauce)
- 40 Manila Clams
- Handful of fresh parsley
Ingredients for the Sauce
- One stick of butter, softened
- 8 cloves of garlic
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1Tbl smoked paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combined ingredients in blender; blend
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. (Something around 500 degrees.)
- Once hot, scrape clean and grease with vegetable oil.
- Rinse the oysters and clams in cold water, then throw them on the grill
- Shut the top of the grill.
- Remove the bivalves from the grill as they open. (Clams will open fully; oysters just a crack)
- In the meantime, heat the butter sauce on the stovetop or on the grill in a heat-friendly pan (like a cast iron).
- Once all bivalves are open, pour the butter sauce over the top
- Garnish with parsley
Recipe from: GQ.